On Facebook there has been this post being passed around where you’re challenged to write three positives each day for a week or something like that. I extended how long I did it for and although I hadn’t got as far as posting them to Facebook I had started a list so I’m sharing it today – Gratitude – the things I am grateful for this week…:
Day 15 (Tuesday)
1. Got to hang out/catch up with a friend from work and her kids. I hadn’t seen her since she brought her new-ish born baby into work at the end of 2013 or the beginning of 2014.
2. Our Sidekick made lunch for me as Jaxon decided that he was hungry as I was making lunch.
3. Our Sidekick kept an eye on Jaxon and I after I dozed off on the sofa after Jaxon had gone to sleep and been placed in his flower donut thingy (Similar to this but it has a whole circle instead of just a half)
Day 16 (Wednesday)
1. (Yeah I can’t count!) We received a lovely New Baby present from Chris’s lovely colleagues.
2. Walked to the other supermarket. Gained good wifey points by sorting out FIL’s Birthday Present too.
Day 17 (Thursday)
1. Went for coffee with Emma, Ruth and Keeley. I think Isaac (Emma’s Guide Dog) was on Guard Dog duty as he sat at my feet while I held Jaxon and got closer and closer as the coffee date went on.
2. Caroline gave Jaxon and I a lift home after the bus driver drove straight past us.
3. We had dinner made for us by Keeley.
Day 18 (Friday)
1. We gave Jaxon his first bath – he didn’t enjoy being undressed or dried and redressed but when he was in the water he seemed okay.
2. I had some bits to do so Chris took me out in the car – when I can start driving again I will be very grateful lol.
Day 19 (Saturday)
1. Dad helping me out to sort my “uniform” for Holiday Club
2. Had lovely sunshine to walk to and from Mum and Dad’s house even though it a absolutely chucked it down in the middle.
3. Watched the Athletics with the boys. Cheered very loudly when Jo Pavey gave the Kenyans a run for their money and won the Bronze in the end. Good effort girlie!
Day 20 (Sunday)
1. Chris took over between feeds so that I could sleep. So grateful.
2. Missed church for sleep but made it down to chat to a few people after the service and go to the picnic in the park.
3. Our friend who organises the food for the picnic got Coronation Chicken sandwich filler – I know she didn’t get it on purpose for me but it’s one of my favourites and I was so grateful.
Day 21 (Monday)
1. Rang the doctor and managed to get an appointment for tomorrow.
Day 22 (Tuesday)
1. The doctor measured Jaxon’s head and he has no concerns – as far as he can tell Jaxon will sort of grow into his head as he gets older. For now he’s in proportion to the rest of his body. We were also prescribed some cream for his milk spots. So I’m grateful for the fact we have a medical system that works – sometimes it doesn’t and sometimes it has delays but so far in Jaxon’s life it’s been working for us.
2. Stopped by the office that my Mum works in when at her client’s she looked after Jaxon and did the proud Grandma bit while I talked social media to one of her clients.
Day 23 (Wednesday)
1. We had our next coffee date today. There were closer to 12 ladies this time along with a toddler and Jaxon. So much fun!
2. Following two of the ladies singing the praises of the caramel Frappés from The Fountain. I texted Chris and asked him to bring me one home. Which he did! Especially! He’s so lovely!
Day 24 (Thursday)
1. Took Jaxon to the Baby Clinic. He weighed in at 11lbs 1oz. That means he’s regained his birth weight!!! Yeah go baby!
2. Spent time with my Mum setting up for holiday club. We chatted about all sorts including my Brother’s upcoming wedding.
3. After my chocolate was eaten in error, the Chocolate Fairies delivered me another bar of chocolate – thankfully it arrived after Slimming World (where I’d lost half a pound)
Day 25 (Friday)
1. Chris’s Aunt (Jaxon’s Great Aunt) gave him this inflatable donut thing that has a flower that works like a blanket across the whole thing. I’m not sure if it’s meant for naps but it works wonders and I think it’s pretty comfortable.
2. A friend stopped by to see us following her shift at work. She held Jaxon while I ate my breakfast – made all the difference!
P.S. Check out other Gratitude posts here.